Our 2005 Vacation to Puerto Rico

Sunday, October 30, 2005


This is the house that my grandmother was raised in. She took care of her mother until she died and later on, apparently, she kept the house. By this time of course, my grandmother already had a house of her own, therefore, she let one of her nephews use it until they got back on their feet. About ten years later, they were still in the house, WITHOUT PAYING RENT. When they finally built a house, I asked them what they were gonna do with the house (Because I didn't know that the house belonged to my grandmother) and they said they were gonna let an uncle use it. When I overheard my mother and grandmother talking one morning over coffee, they were discussing what they were gonna do with the house, now that they were moving out. I couldn't help but enter into the conversation and share my knowledge about the "uncle" that's moving into the house. After they had a heart attack, they went over there and asked for the key to be handed over IMMEDIATELY. The Family Feud began and the house was demolished (My mom got some guy with a bulldozer to do it). After getting some money and a blueprint of the new house to be built, the unwelcomed family would destroy the walls as soon as walls were built. After a couple of attempts to rebuild, funds fell short and the house has sat unfinished for ten or more years. The land around it keeps diminishing because they keep making the mountain smaller by digging around the sides. Now the street is wider and the land is smaller. I'm just glad I'm not the owner of that house because the other house would have been burnt down a LONG TIME AGO...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home